Java client problems with Invoice app

Report bugs in the beta version of the Thin@ Java Client.
ChrisLaurie

Java client problems with Invoice app

Post by ChrisLaurie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:05 am

While evaluating thin@ Java client, I started by using the Clarion Invoice example app. My version of the app is attached. I encountered so far the following problems.
- The browse on customers do not appear. I also wizarded a customer browse and that also does not display.

- Calling updateproduct crashes the client.

- Previews don't work. Sometimes the hang and sometimes they crash the client. When they do open, they show nothing and when you close them (red X close box right-hand top) then it crashes he client.

- The toolbox template hangs the client. I have no use for this template so it is of no consequence to me. I assume it is because of the window that is not known to thin@.

- Frame wallpaper does not work.

- Tree control (Browse > All customers orders) row level expand/contract does not work. Expand all does.

- In BrowseProducts, the picture to the right does not always draw correctly on takenewselection. Sometimes it cuts of a bit and sometimes it displays a small version of the picture. Also positioning is not always accurate.

- MouseRight on a browse does nothing - (possibly a java/swing limitation?).

- Header click sorting on a browse does not work

- SpinBoxes do not always take displayed size into account. In UpdateDetail (using the Nimbus visual set) the quantity ordered shows only the decimals. On some other visual sets the height is not high enough.

These are just some of the issues.

I think the java client is one of the most exciting possibilities for thin@ and eagerly await the next release.

I'll edit this post as I find things on this app fo the Java client.
Attachments
invoice.zip
Slightly modified version of Clarion example.
(115.28 KiB) Downloaded 625 times

mgolem

Re: Java client problems with Invoice app

Post by mgolem » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:22 am

Just for the info, some of the issues are resolved in java client beta 2and some issues are still pending.

rukhsana

Post by rukhsana » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 pm

- In BrowseProducts, the picture to the right does not always draw correctly on takenewselection. Sometimes it cuts of a bit and sometimes it displays a small version of the picture. Also positioning is not always accurate.
Worried about 642-998 & comptia Braindumps We offer up-to-dated bu.edu practice questions and www.smith.edu dumps with Maryland Institute College of Art

mgolem

Post by mgolem » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Are you using application directly from this link to produce this problem?

http://www.thin.ris.hr/?application=invoice